With this workflow set up, once a Salesforce opportunity reaches a certain stage, the following actions take place:
- A folder named opportunity name is automatically created in Google Drive.
- The link to the folder is captured in a Salesforce field.
- A pinned message containing the folder link is posted in the related deal room in Slack notifying everyone of the update
- Salesforce field to capture the Google Drive folder link.
- Google Docs Authentication
To set up this workflow:
Once the setup given above is done,
- Go to the Momentum web app. You can navigate to Momentum home from your Slack workspace like so:
a) From the list of apps in your Slack workspace, click on ‘Momentum’ to view the Momentum app home
b) Click on “Momentum App” to navigate to the web app.
- Next, click on "Library of Recipes" on the left
- You will find a list of available recipes here. Select the recipe titled "Create a GDrive folder and update the link in a salesforce field once an opportunity reaches a certain stage."
- Enter the details shown in the recipe.
A quick look at what the fields above imply:
Although, the fields given are self-explanatory, here are a few additional details if required.
An example use case:
Assume that whenever any opportunity reaches the POC stage, you will have to start adding documents related to the opportunity in Google drive. The documents have to be placed in a folder named ‘opportunityName’. With this workflow set up, you will essentially be creating a folder
Click on “Create Workflow” & your workflow is all set to use! 🙂
Once this workflow is set, every time an opportunity moves to a certain stage, a Google Drive folder is created in the path <base-folder-path-given/opportunity-name>; The created drive folder link is set to the Salesforce field given; An update is sent to the Slack deal room, from which, you can directly navigate to the created Folder; Finally, the Slack message is pinned so you can go back to it anytime!
You can activate or deactivate your workflow anytime using the “active” switch in Momentum home.