Once the workflow is triggered, the following actions take place:
- A folder named <Account Name> is automatically created in Google Drive in the base path given by the user.
- A copy of the template file is made, which is named <accountName + templateFileName> & placed in the folder created
- The link to the file is captured in a Salesforce field (Optional step)
- The deal room, if exists, is notified of the update along with the link to the file created.
- Salesforce field to capture the Google Drive folder link. ( This is an optional step) If no field is selected at the time of the creation of this workflow, no update is done in Salesforce.
- Google Docs Authentication
To set up this workflow:
Once the setup given above is done,
- Go to the Momentum web app. You can navigate to Momentum home from your Slack workspace like so:
- From the list of apps in your Slack workspace, click on ‘Momentum’ to view the Momentum app home
- Next, click on "Library of Recipes" on the left
- You will find a list of available recipes here. Select the recipe titled "Create a file from a template in Google Drive whenever a condition set up by the user is satisfied"
- Enter the details shown in the recipe.
A quick look at what the fields above imply:
Although, the fields given are self-explanatory, here are a few additional details if required.
An example use case:
Assume that whenever any opportunity reaches the ‘Perception Analysis’ stage & the amount is greater than 50,000, you will need a new document created from the file called template,
5. Click on “Create Workflow” & your workflow is all set to use! 🙂
Once this workflow is set, every time an opportunity moves to a certain stage, a Google Drive folder is created in the path <destination-folder-path-given/opportunity-account-name>, if the folder does not exist; The created file link is set to the Salesforce field given; An update is sent to the Slack deal room, from which, you can directly view the file;
You can activate or deactivate your workflow anytime using the “active” switch in Momentum home.