Momentum Labs, Inc. (“Momentum”, “we”, “us”, “our”) helps revenue teams work deals efficiently using automation, AI and a deep integration with Salesforce and Slack.
These terms are further governed by the terms of the Data Processing Addendum (“DPA”) found at https://momentum.io/dpa, which shall apply and be deemed incorporated into the Agreement.
Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of information:
Information you provide
- Contact details, including your first and last name, phone number, and email address.
- Company information, such as your company’s name and location.
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our services and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Information we obtain from other sources
We may obtain your personal information from other third parties, such as marketing partners, data providers, and publicly available sources.
Automatic data collection
We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system, manufacturer and model, browser type, IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area; and
- Usage data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page, browsing history, and access times.
We may collect this information using cookies and other similar technologies. Cookies are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device or in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising. For more information on how you can control cookies, please see the Your Privacy Choices section below.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information for the following purposes:
To provide our services. This includes:
- Administering, hosting, and operating our services;
- Sponsoring events, contests, and promotions;
- Communicating with you and responding to any inquiries you may have;
- Personalizing your experience with the app and our communications, and making recommendations to you based on your choices and interests; and
- Analyzing your use of our services to allow us to evaluate and improve the services.
For research, development, benchmarking, and improving our services. We may use personal information to analyze and improve the services, identify trends, and operate and expand our business activities. We may also create aggregated, anonymized, or other de-identified statistics, which we may use for lawful business purposes, including for analytics, forecasting, and strategic planning. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve our services and promote our business.
For marketing and advertising.
- Direct marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications, including, but not limited to, sending newsletters or publications, and notifying you of promotions, offers and events via postal mail, email, telephone, and other means.
- Interest-based advertising. We may engage third-party advertising companies to display our ads on their online services. We may also share information about our users with these companies to facilitate advertising for our services to them or similar users on other online platforms. You can learn more about your choices for limiting interest-based advertising by visiting the Your Privacy Choices section below.
For compliance and protection, including to enforce any applicable terms and conditions, comply with legal obligations, defend against legal claims or disputes, protect the security and integrity of our services, and identify and investigate fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
How We Disclose Personal Information
We may disclose personal information to:
Service providers. We disclose personal information to companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our services or our business (such as hosting services, communications, data and cyber security services, billing and payment processing services, fraud detection, investigation and prevention services, web and mobile analytics, email and communication distribution and monitoring services, and customer relation management systems).
Professional advisors. We disclose personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Business partners. We may disclose personal information to business and channel partners, resellers, and distributers for these partners to use for their own marketing and business purposes.
Advertising partners. We may disclose personal information to third-party advertising companies, including for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
Authorities and others. We may disclose personal information to law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate.
Business transferees. We may disclose personal information to acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Momentum or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Your Privacy Choices
Unsubscribe from direct marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication we send you. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing communications.
Online tracking opt-out. There are a number of ways to opt out of having your online activity and device data collected through our services, which we have summarized below:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Use the following links to learn more about how to control cookies and online tracking through your browser:
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our Services from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, DuckDuckGo, Ghostery or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to help us better understand how people engage with our services by collecting information and creating reports about how users use our services. For more information on Google Analytics, click here. For more information about Google’s privacy practices, click here. You can opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt-outs. Some advertising partners offer opt-out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising, such as Google.
- Advertising industry opt-out tools. You can also use these opt-out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
Note that because these opt-out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
If you identify a security vulnerability on our website, please report it immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about our security measures, please visit www.momentum.io/security.
Our services are not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our services from a child under 18 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it. If you believe that we might have any such data, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
Other Sites and Services
Our services may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. In addition, our content may be integrated into web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. These links and integrations are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
You can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing us at:
Momentum Labs, Inc.
447 Sutter St
Ste 405 PMB 257
San Francisco, CA 94108