With this workflow setup, when a user-defined condition is met, the workflow is triggered & a copy of the template file is made and placed in the destination folder. Once the workflow is triggered, the following actions take place:
- A copy of the template file is made, which is named “<accountName >+Account Plan” & placed in the folder created
- The link to the file is captured in a Salesforce field (Optional step)
- A notification is sent in the Slack Channel specified by the user
- Salesforce field to capture the Google Drive file link. ( This is an optional step) If no field is selected at the time of the creation of this workflow, no update is done in Salesforce.
- Google Docs Authentication
To set up this workflow:
Once the setup given above is done,
- Go to the Momentum web app. You can navigate to Momentum home from your Slack workspace like so:
a) From the list of apps in your Slack workspace, click on ‘Momentum’ to view the Momentum app home
b) Click on “Momentum App” to navigate to the web app.
- Next, click on "Library of Recipes" on the left
- You will find a list of available recipes here. Select the recipe titled "Create a file from a template in google drive when an account is updated & a condition is met."
- Enter the details shown in the recipe.
A quick look at what the fields above imply:
Although, the fields given are self-explanatory, here are a few additional details if required.
An example use case:
Assume that when the field “Account Plan Template” is checked in any account, you will need a new document created from the file called ‘Account Template’
- Click on “Create Workflow” & your workflow is all set to use! 🙂
Once this workflow is set, every time the field “Account Plan Template” is checked, A file is created with the name <Account-Name>+Account Plan in the destination folder given by the user
You can activate or deactivate your workflow anytime using the “active” switch in Momentum home.